CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 17, 2010

A lot of time

My picture today is of a project I have been working on the past few days. I know you are probably thinking..that took you 3 days... ya I worked on it slowly and sometimes it takes me a while to be inspired. I decided to make cards I can use through out the school year to bless those around me. There is nothing I love more than to unexpectedly encourage someone. I mean, I love surprises! And I absolutely LOVE to surprise people. So hopefully I will be able to do this next year by just simply slipping one under someones door when they least expect it of need a little encouraging.
So, I have had a lot of time on my hands this past week that I have been home. Like a lot of time, for me at least. I like to live a fast-paced life, but lately its been slow. Therefore, I have been thinking alot and I'll be honest, I've been watching alot of TV, primarily HGTV, the best channel there is! By doing this I have found myself constructing a lot of thoughts and ideas of what I would like in my future house, career, HUSBAND. In fact, its been consuming my thoughts. Which I believe is ok to think about and form opinions and preferences. However, tonight by reading a little through the Word I was reminded that it is not my job to write my story, and to worry about it. Its my Fathers job. Whew! How relieving is that! Even though its hard to place all my preferences and ideas in the hands of the Lord and to let go of them, its something I must do. I am actively trying to keep my gaze fixed on Him. Hes going to make me happy. What a cool promise.

The Father alone has the authority to set those dates and times, and they are not for you to know. Acts 1:7

HEy! Be blessed out there!!!

2 comments:

Rachael

The cards are beautiful! :) I'm so proud of your craftiness! And I love that you have such a giving heart.
I also hear ya on the husband and future thing. Your words are encouraging, I was blessed. :)

Rachel Joy

Thanks Rach!!! I tried REALLY hard to be crafty!

I praise the Lord you were blessed! Your blogs bless me as well! This is such a cool way to kinda keep in touch! And I totally count it as journaling. Its been very therapeutic.

Love you and miss you SO MUCH!