CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, May 27, 2010

My pleasure...

So! My first day on the job went so so so so well! Started off watching some more training videos, then I was sent to the dining room to be trained on hostessing! A little perk was that I was able to be trained by a friend from church who also works at Chick Fil A. Spent about 3 hours out in the dining room aka mall food court serving and assisting guests. I absolutely loved it. Some of the people were just shocked that we choose to go the 2nd mile and give them above and beyond service. However, my shift ended with bagging orders...which was not my forte... Being that I was just learning I didnt bag the orders quick enough for the 2 min standard and got yelled at by some grouchy lady in the back.
Since our human brains tend to always focus on the negative, I've been slightly discouraged that my awesome experience in the dining room went from being great to my shifting ending on a mot so fun note, but I'm making myself reflect on the good experiences I had a work today. Even though Chick Fil A is biblical based company, its employees are not always Biblically based lol. After much thinking I find myself asking the Lord how I can influence those around me. The woman who work there particularly come to mind. They are all so bitter and grouchy and I just wish there was something I could to make their lives better. I mean I know Chick Fil A is probably not their ideal job, but maybe its all that works out right now. Even tho I would love to just give them big hugs and tell them that Jesus loves them and if they will just confess their sins and accept him in their lives that life can be so much more filled with the joy and less bitterness. However Im not sure this would be the best approach. So I have to be careful that I have a positive attitude and maybe that will speak to them, and look for those windows the Holy Spirit will give to me verbally speak into their lives.
That is all for now my friends.

Be blessed and just rest in the peace of the Lord.

He is my everything.

0 comments: