CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Nomad

This my friends is where I lay me head. This is my place of rest. The Lord has blessed me with the opportunity to sleep in several beds. From a dorm room bed, to a spare bed at my grandparents, to another spare bed in my sisters room. Then finally, to my bed. I would like to call myself a nomad. Over the last 3 years of my life I have journeyed from bed to bed to bed in order to find rest at night.
For those who dont know, my family "adopted" a Korean foreign exchange student for the school year. So, while I'm off at college she occupies my room, since our home is a 3 bedroom home. When I come home for breaks I bunk with the Haitian Hurricane aka Athisi (adopted seester of 12 yrs) Soooooo long story short... we sent Alicia (Korean) home on a plane today, which, means this nomad is home.... but only for a short time.
I struggled a little today trying to find the positive in having to pack then unpack then pack then unpack. I learned that this is just simply the season of life I am currently in, and why not grab the season with both hands and enjoy every second of it. So I put on some cool music and unpacked and organized all my stuff in a different way this time.

This week at church is Holy Spirit week, Im ready to be rocked, and excited to learn. I want to be equipped to handle whatever the Lord has for me this upcoming school year.
I'm ready.

I encourage all to read Romans 12 in the Message version. It's convicting and motivating.

Peace. Love. Joy.

2 comments:

Rachael

I love that your water bottle made it in the picture. :)
Can we please make more random Bass Pro trips next year?? :)

Unknown

Good news.... every nomad will stop moving at some point! I'm very glad you have found a positive way to look this time. Even though it is tiring and long and stressful it will be worth it!! :)